Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Achievers vs. Leaders - Part 1

I recently learned from John Maxwell that, "One of the most difficult transitions successful people have to make is moving from an "Achiever Mentality" to a "Leadership Mentality." I do alot of coaching with church planters and pastors and when I learned that, it was as if a light bulb when on for in my head! There is a huge difference between someone who is a High Achiever & someone who has learned what it means to be a High Leader. That's what this week's blogs are about...

1. Achievers & Leaders Have a Different Definition of Success.

Achievers see Success as Personal Accomplishment. Everyone wants to accomplish great things personally, but an "Achiever's Mindset" places the priority on personal accomplishment, more than the overall success of the team, or others.

Leaders see Success as Others Accomplishment. The greatest success a leader can experience is when others they influence go farther and achieve more than they do!

One of my greatest joys is to hear the stories of pastors or church planters we're coaching who are knocking it out of the park! My heart's desire as a leader, is to set others up for greater success than I'll ever have!

This is the first true test of a "Leader Mindset." Am I more concerned with MY personal accomplishments, or those whom I have the privilege to lead?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment