Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

5 Decisions I've Made About Me - Part 1

LIfe has a way of getting busy, doesn't it? I mean, the stuff of life can distract us pretty easily, pretty much everyday. However, with limited time & limited resources, I know that, as a leader, I've got to make the most of the Talents, Giftings, Hopes & Dreams I've been given. After all, it's in those areas that I will make the greatest contribution to the world around me during my time here on earth.

This week I want to talk about 5 Decisions I've Made about my Talents, Giftings, Hopes & Dreams. I hope it's encouraging to you.

Decision #1: I Will Give Priority Energy to Them Everyday!



Too many people wait until their To-Do List is cleared before they give significant time and energy to what they do best! Yes, there is a time and place for "getting things done" but I want to challenge everyone of us today that, "The place where we will add the most value to the world is in the area where we are most passionate and gifted!"

1. It offers the greatest Return on Investment. When we give priority energy to our strengths, we get a better return on our investment! How much would Peyton Manning get paid by the Indianapolis Colts to play Wide Receiver? I'm guessing, Not Much! But when he's playing Quarterback, he's worth millions!!! Our strengths offer our greatest ROI.

2. Our Strengths offer the greatest Reward! There is nothing more fulfilling for me as a leader than when I'm using my God given talents, passions and abilities to add value to someone else! There's just no feeling like it! I love it! It energizes me and makes me feel like I'm on top of the world!

I have made a decision in my leadership that I am going to begin giving Priority Energy to what I do best! Then, and only then, can I make a significant contribution to the world around me!

just a bloggish thought,

Matt

1 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

I have been told by many people through out my life that I have many God given talents. My struggle has been which ones should I focus on. That sounds so conceeded...not the intent. I am guessing that I should choose the ones that make me the happiest to use. I think that is where it starts...doing something you really like, possibly something that someone else said one time that you did a good job at. If not keep doing what you like until you are good at it. I like you, Matt, receive the greatest rewards from applying my self to boost others up. There is no other high like the reward of a smile.

Post a Comment