Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

How I think about Discouragement - Part 5

#5: Discouragement is a Propeller.



Everytime we face discouragement we have 2 choices of what it can become for us:

A Propeller or an Anchor. One pushes us forward, the other weighs us down. There is a long term residual effect tied to discouraging season in our life. Truly great leaders know how to make the most of discouraging season in such a way that when they look back on them years later then see them as a propeller, not an anchor on the journey of their life.

It's up to us to start looking for the sunrise. It's always darkest before the dawn. When you feel discouraged, start looking for the sunrise. It will come. I spoke with someone recently who was going through a tough time and they made the comment: "I'm glad my new home faces the east, because I need more sunrises in my life then sunsets right now!"

Gravity can crush us, or slingshot us! Remember when the Apollo 13 space craft (I wasn't born yet, but I saw the movie with Tom Hanks) used the gravitational pull of the moon to slingshot it back to earth? That's what discouragement has the ability to do for us! Slingshot us toward our next great adventure!

Where have you been allowing Discouragement to feel like a tremendous weight? How can you turn it into a slingshot?

Just a bloggish thought,

matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment