Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

GPS - Series Recap - #2 We Must Come Prepared to Hear from God

On Sunday, I finished the GPS series. Today, I want to give you my full preaching notes for Point #2: Preparation.

“…the 2nd thing we need is… ”
2. Preparation.
A. We must come into this time with an expectation that God is gonna speak to us.
- MEETING WITH SOMEONE IMPORTANT ILL.
- I always have a place to take notes.

- Why? B/c I have an expectation that they are going to say something that I will want to remember and reflect on.

B. TV WAVES ILL.
- They are everywhere, but until we have a way to catch them, they’re useless.
- You’ve got to have a satellite dish and “receiver” to decipher them!!!
- It’s called a “receiver” for crying out loud!!!
C. What do we need to “receive” from God everyday?
5 Things we need.
Bible. Reading Plan.
Pen. Journal.
Scratch Pad.

C. PUSHBACK ON WHOLE JOURNAL THING!
- I know, I thought it for years, “Come on, I’m not a Junior High Girl anymore!!!”
- Who journals right?
- Yeah, I guess for those of us who are so awesome, that we can just stand in our yard and decipher the TV signals without a dish and receiver, we don’t need anything!!!
- HAVE FUN: STANDING IN YARD ILL.
“What are you doing???” “Being awesome!!!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment