Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How I think about Leadership Development - Part 2

#2: I focus on Making Them Better than they could ever be alone.

Yesterday, we began a series of blogs on How I think about Reproducing Leaders. I spend a large portion of my week playing to my strengths in such a way that it will add value to the leaders I influence. Here are a few thoughts…

The Essence of Reproducing Leaders is found in Multiplying our Effectiveness. When I take that which I’ve learned and know and add it to what someone else has learned and knows, a multiplying effect kicks in. Suddenly, we both become exponentially greater than either of us were alone.

I believe when we make reproducing leaders around us a priority, we set them up to be better than they ever could be by themselves. For me, that’s the best reward imaginable.

? Who are you intentionally helping to become better than they ever could be on their own?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment