Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How I think about Leadership Development - Part 3

#3: I believe Great Leadership is defined not by My Personal Success but by the success I help others achieve.

When it comes to leadership reproduction, I believe the purest sign of a great leader is one who lifts those around them to be great! A few thoughts…

1. I want to help people believe they are capable of more. I want to be a believer in people. The greatest compliment anyone could give me would be, “Matt, you helped me believe in myself when no one else did.”

2. I want to help people see things in themselves they’ve never seen before. Part of becoming a great leader is self-awareness. I want others to be self-aware to such a degree that they are able to self-assess where they are weak and where they are strong.

3. I want to help people dream things they’ve never dreamt before. My heart is for so many other leaders to begin dreaming of mountains we can climb together. That’s how we help one another escape the mundane of our leadership lives.

? How will you help someone see something they have never seen before this week?

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment