Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

How I Deal with Criticism - Part 5

#5: I have to Grow Through Criticism.

At the end of the day, criticism happens, and when it does, I…

1. Stand and take it like a man. It’s not always fun, but it’s not going to kill me either. I used to fear the confrontation of it all, now it’s kind of like, “Well, let’s get this over with, and get on with it.”

2. Recognize it is not the end of the world. The reality is, criticism won’t last forever. I always try and keep it in perspective.

3. Realize that no one decision or win will define me long term. Just like in baseball where they play 162 games a year, no one win or loss defines a season, so it is in leadership. Getting up and playing everyday is about learning the art of leadership, not becoming a perfect master of it.

? Are you putting too much weight on the criticism moments of your leadership? If so, begin tweaking your approach to it, today,

Just a bloggish thought,

Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment